Chilly Morning Motivation
I've been off my morning walking routine this month and with all the holiday munching, it's time to get back to it!! I'm looking forward to having my routine back in place but I'm not looking forward to the cold temperatures winter brings! It's so tempting to hit the alarm, pull the covers back over my head, and stay snuggled in my warm bed. I don't like being cold and I'm a wimp in the winter. I need motivation.
Yesterday, I was looking through some photos of my chilly morning walks from last winter and was reminded of the many benefits of getting out there and making myself do it.
1. Exercising my body and getting a jump start on my steps for the day. When it's cold I walk faster to get back home sooner. Faster = calories burned!
2. The beauty of the morning! Whether the sun is rising or the stars are still twinkling, beginning my day in God's creation is a big mood-booster. His handiwork is on display each morning.
3. There is a freshness in the morning that gives me a mindset of starting anew no matter how the previous day went. God's mercies are new every morning! (Lamentations 3:23)
4. The frigid air, despite the misery, is actually invigorating. I breathe it in and it seems to clear my head, fill my lungs, and get my blood pumping.
5. The quiet of the morning is a soft opening to my day instead of jumping headfirst into busyness and people. I feel like I have the whole world to myself. I talk to God and often listen to my Bible reading or a Bible podcast.
7. I'm less sluggish after I've made myself get out and more energized to begin my daily tasks.
Are there any other morning walkers out there? What is your chilly morning motivation?







Comments
Post a Comment