Christmas Cashews

I have a recipe to share today that is perfect for giving as a gift, adding to your charcuterie board, or just snacking on while watching a Christmas movie. They're called rosemary cashews but during the holidays, I like to call them Christmas Cashews! I think this recipe originally came from Barefoot Contessa.

With only a few ingredients and about 15 minutes, these cashews come together very easily. I made several batches this week to add to some Christmas baskets. 


Christmas Cashews

1.25 lbs. raw cashews

2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 Tbsp. crushed dried rosemary

1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes

2 tsp. dark brown sugar

2 tsp. salt

1 Tbsp. melted butter 

Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Spread the cashews on an ungreased baking sheet and roast for about 10 minutes until thoroughly warmed. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the rosemary, pepper flakes, brown sugar, salt, and melted butter. Pour the warmed cashews into a large bowl; pour the butter mixture over the cashews and toss until well-coated. Spread the cashews on parchment paper and allow them to cool completely.

Once the cashews were completely cooled, I packed them in these cute Christmas tins I'd washed a few days before. I'm so bad about not washing them ahead of time and then having to hurry and wash and dry them when I’m ready to fill them. I decided this year I'd do it in advance to eliminate some frustration. I was happy with myself about that. 

The green rosemary and red pepper flakes make the cashews look more festive and Christmassy, in addition to giving them good flavor.

I secured the lids with some cute Christmas washi tape because they were acting like they wouldn't stay on very well once in the baskets. 

These cashews are great any time of year but I think I make them mostly at Christmas and Father's Day. And they're fairly healthy so I feel like it's a good option to give to anyone who's trying to avoid the usual baked holiday goodies. 


Comments

  1. Oh, this recipe looks so amazing!!! We love cashews over here, so I think I'm going to have to try some "Christmas Cashews!" 🎄✨ How fun!! And I love the little tins too - they are so cute and seem like the perfect size for a tasty treat like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so easy and I failed to mention that I've also frozen them before too! I also like that they don't expire as quickly as baked goods do, so I can mail them to someone and they're still fresh enough when they arrive. Hope you like them as much as we do!!

      Delete
  2. What a nice idea! I love kitchen gifts! Would you mind if I shared a link to this post over on my Christmas blog, and maybe used one of the photos? I am always looking for new ideas for Christmas in July, and the fact that these can be frozen might make this a perfect recipe to share then. They do look delicious and quite easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind at all! Feel free to link it and use any of the photos. Thank you! I love that you have a Christmas blog!! How fun!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

Tea and Books

This and That