Christmas Happies

It's been a nice holiday season so far and partly because it hasn't been packed this year. There have a been a few little Christmas happies sprinkled in throughout the month. Just some sweet and simple joys!


Our little downtown had its annual Dicken's Christmas which is always a treat. The shop owners all dress in Dicken's style apparel and there is hot chocolate, food samples, and carriage rides.  

You'll see in the photo below how cute all the girls working at the coffee shop were all dressed up in their long dresses and bonnets.

Our church had its annual Christmas party which always entertains! Below is a photo backdrop they had set up for group and family photos. I loved this idea. We have some very talented ladies at our church. 


There was a lip-sync contest which kept us all in stitches. I laughed so hard I cried! There were several entries and here are just a few of them.....

Clark Griswold and Cousin Eddie


Alvin and the Chipmunks (performed by 3 brothers!)


And "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" which won the show! These ladies were precious and such good sports. 


There were games, a band performing Christmas music, and a delicious meal. We were treated to roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, green salad, strawberry pretzel salad, and bread pudding!

After teaching the 4-year olds at church this past year, I'm back to teaching the 2/3-year old class and I love those little ones so much! We've been learning about the birth of Jesus and I took this fabric Nativity set that I made when my own kids were very little. Well, it was a big hit with the children in my Bible class. They were so excited to take turns telling the story while holding the padded figures. 

I found these wooden Nativity puzzles half off at Hobby Lobby and gave them to the Bible class children for a little Christmas gift. I thought they were sweet. 

My girl and I enjoyed a lovely Christmas tea hosted by friends and just look at this gorgeous gingerbread-themed table! And the food they served was amazing!

We also enjoyed lunch and shopping in Auburn with my mom, sister, sis-in-law, and niece. The restaurant we ate at had these giant fabric poinsettias hanging from the ceiling which were actually much larger in person than they look in these photos. Very whimsical! 

Our sweet neighbor left this box of festive cupcakes at our door one evening. They were as tasty as they were pretty. She bought them from a little bakery in our downtown and now I must go there. 

My daughter made her famous ginger molasses cookies as a surprise treat for the ladies at her preschool.

When she got there she sent me this photo below. Another lady had happened to bring hot chocolate as a treat! It was a perfect combination for a chilly day.


My daughter also works at an equestrian center and they had the cutest Christmas party for their kids. She said I could share her photos. 


Look how beautiful Santa and Mrs. Claus are posing with the horses and decorated trees! 


Some horses wore Santa hats, some wore wreaths around their necks, but y'all, the Rudolph antlers and nose on little Whinnie was just the most adorable thing! 


I had said this post was about Christmas happies. Well, my son was sick for a couple of days which wasn't a happy, but while he was bundled up on the couch with fever, the two of us enjoyed watching some movies and several episodes of Andy Griffith---always a happy. 

We had steak for dinner one weekend and it was so delicious! We rarely (no pun intended) buy steak so I thought it would be a nice treat during December.

I’ve been reading this book I got for free at Hobby Lobby and it’s very interesting. I tried to buy it at the check out counter and the clerk said, “Oh, we’re giving one to each customer!” 

The kitties love when Christmas arrives every year.

Pumpkin got a new Christmas cubby and Floyd is loving the tree. 


I hope your holiday season has been full of simple joys here and there! Merry Christmas! 



Comments

  1. What beautiful pictures. The Dickens night sounds like a lot of fun as does shopping in Auburn. I love that equestrian center! Their Christmas party looks like fun. I am glad your son is feeling better. You are so right that time together to curl up and watch Andy Griffith is definitely a happy moment. Merry Christmas to you and all of your family! I hope you get to see your sweet grandson around Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, Heidi. :) Merry Christmas to you and your family! And yes, we will get to see the grandbaby!!

      Delete
  2. What wonderful photos of wonderful times! Even being sick is okay with Andy Griffith to watch! The gingerbread tea table is beautiful and the Dickens night looked like such fun. I love the fabric nativity you made. I have never seen one like that. And your daughter's cookies look scrumptious! My hubby has taken over almost all of our Christmas cookie baking since retiring, and he is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful that your husband handles the cookie baking! I remember my mom saying years ago when I was a teen how nice it was that my sisters and I took care of baking the cookies. And now, as much as I enjoy baking, it's always so nice when my girls take care of that for me!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

Tea and Books

This and That