Happy 2026!

Happy 2026!! I hope you all have had a wonderful holiday season. Do you have plans for New Year's Day? We're having our parents over for a gumbo lunch and then we'll watch some Alabama football later this afternoon. 

The hubs and me on Christmas Day '25

I'm always excited about starting a fresh new year. It's a clean slate. The holiday break allows some time to reflect on the past year and think about changes that need to be made in the next one. Whether by setting goals, making resolutions, planning a bucket list, choosing a word, or claiming a Bible verse, there's just something about having some kind of marker and vision before moving forward. I think one of my favorite ideas I've heard others mention is asking myself 2 questions: what do I need to do less of in 2026 and what do I need to do more of in 2026? I'm pondering these a lot lately and praying for God's guidance and wisdom. 

I did a lot of cleaning out over the last year in several areas of my life which I feel set me up better for this next year, so maybe I'll share those soon. Until then, I'll wish you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR and I'll be back next Tuesday! 


Comments

  1. Happy New Year! That’s a great picture of you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heidi! Happy New Year to you and your sweet family!

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy you are here on Blogger! I have more and more trouble trying to comment on Wordpress blogs.

    Happy New Year to you as well! I love the fresh start of a new year. I've set some goals for January but I've yet to formulate goals for the year. My word for the year is *intentional* and I hope to blog about that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, "intentional" is a fantastic word for the year! I haven't chosen a word yet (I've chosen more of a phrase that I'll post about soon), but my word last year was "listen"---listen to God and listen to others.
    Thank you for finding me on Blogger! I know what you mean about the commenting being tricky on Wordpress. I had heard that Blogger commenting was tricky too but I haven't had any trouble with it so far. Happy New Year, Mrs. T!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year 😊 I’m loving your new blog space! I chose the word “peace” and my husband chose “faithful “
    Many blessings, Jenny NC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet, Jenny! Thank you so much for visiting my little space here! Both of those words are great choices. We can all use more "peace" and "faith" in the new year! I hope you have a wonderful 2026!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

Tea and Books

This and That