The Fog is Lifting
I love a foggy morning! The following photos are from my walk this morning. A foggy morning feels peaceful, quiet, and a little mysterious. My husband and I had a little laugh while enjoying our morning coffee, comparing the fog of our morning walk with the fog he's felt in his head since his surgery a couple of days ago. There's also been the post-holiday fog we're all trying to shake off. What day of the week is it anyway?!
While this week promised to be a little chaotic and stressful, oddly enough, there has also been this peaceful fog we've found to be mysteriously soothing. When I brought my husband home from his surgery Tuesday, he climbed straight into bed and immediately went to sleep. Our routine with surgeries (yes, unfortunately we've had enough surgeries over the last few years to have a routine now), has been that the patient comes home and gets comfortable while the rest of us keep the house going, make some supper, run get prescriptions, etc. But this time was different. None of us were really feeling great that afternoon and the house was quiet and clean, so there wasn't much to do and we all went to our bedrooms and napped! It felt so luxurious!
I woke later in the afternoon and thankfully my son was able to ride to his soccer practice with a friend. I put together my easiest soup recipe and toasted some garlic bread. About the time I was finishing dinner prep, my husband started to stir from his coma. We ate some dinner and he went back to bed. Dinner cleanup was quick, I put in a load of laundry, fed my starter, and talked with my daughter a little bit. My son came in from soccer, ate his dinner, showered, and went straight to bed. The house was still soooo quiet. It felt foggy and wintry and restful. I just kept thanking God for the luxury of it all.
The Lord has worked out all the details this week. Many of those details He completely removed from our plates! And others He gave us the time and energy to take care of them. My husband said this morning that he finally feels the fog of the anesthesia lifting from his head, and I think I feel other general fogginess lifting from our week as well.
Sometimes a fog is mysterious and we don't know our direction, however I believe it allows for two blessings: a restful peace while looking to God for that direction. He can always see what we can not see. He can see past the fog for us until it is lifted! In the meantime, we can enjoy the peace of His all-knowing sovereignty!



What beautiful pictures. I love your perspective and way with words. I am glad your husband is starting to feel better after his surgery.
ReplyDeleteYou're so kind, Heidi. :) Thank you and he does feels so much better! Have a nice weekend.
Delete