A Cookbook Recommendation ~ Satisfied

Today I've got a cookbook recommendation I thought you might enjoy. Amy Hannon's Satisfied: Savories and Sweets That Feed Belly and Soul is a cookbook you will want to have on your kitchen shelf. It is full of the most mouth-watering recipes, and I plan on working my way through the entire book. 


Not only does this cookbook offer a scrumptious collection of soups, salads, sides, main dishes, and desserts, the book itself is, simply put, LOVELY! From the moment you open the front cover, my goodness, look at that sweet blue floral pattern.


And the photography is a feast for the eyes! 


Table settings of full plates, fresh florals, pretty dishes, and gorgeous fabrics. Plus the added bonus of details from the author's home. 


Satisfied also offers sweet Biblical inspiration for preparing and serving meals, along with an interspersing  of "Kitchen Help" pages which include tips on everything from how to care for your cutting boards to the best ways to store produce. 


As its subtitle suggests, this cookbook covers an array of savories and sweets including Southern comfort, Cajun, Italian, Mexican, seafood, and the most tantalizing desserts. 

So which recipe did I try first? Well, my son loves poppyseed chicken casserole and Amy's from-scratch recipe looked like a winner. It was! 


     You might be thinking but hasn't poppyseed chicken casserole been around for a while? Well, yes, but it's her homemade sauce that really sets it apart with it's rich creaminess and depth of flavor! And because it's from scratch, it's easier to make adjustments if you're gluten-free, etc.

It's a perfectly filling main dish for a birthday meal, Sunday lunch, or just a warm supper on a chilly night. So if you get this cookbook, definitely give the poppyseed chicken a try!


Comments

  1. What a lovely cookbook! Inspirational in every way! I love the thought that you will be cooking your way through it. I have SO many cookbooks, another one is the last thing I need. But I may consider putting this one on my wish list, or it would make a wonderful birthday gift for one of my daughters. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about so many cookbooks, Mrs. T.! :) Oh, but you're right it would make such a lovely gift!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!

Tea and Books

This and That