Ten Minute Tuesday
Happy Tuesday! Today I'd like to share about something that occurs on Tuesdays because of something else that occurs on Wednesdays. Confused yet? I'll start with Wednesdays.
On Wednesdays, two things happen: The trash gets picked up in our neighborhood and I drive right by a Goodwill drop-off on my route in town. Both of these give me good reason to tackle a couple of tasks on Tuesdays that only take about ten minutes each. So I call them my "Ten Minute Tuesday" tasks.
Since the trash truck picks up on Wednesday, that makes Tuesday the perfect day to throw out old food and wipe down the shelves, especially in the summer when it's very hot outside and I don't want the food sitting and spoiling outside in the trash can for too many days before the pickup day. I challenge myself to get it done in ten minutes. (And when needed, I take another ten minutes for my pantry!)
Before and after photos motivate me for some reason. I was snapping a quick photo last Tuesday and my son looked at me and said, "Taking a before picture?" He knows the drill, haha. Above, the fridge was so packed we were having trouble finding and putting away food. Below, it's cleaned out with space for more food which is great since I also pick up groceries on Wednesdays and need the space to put them away when I get home.
And since I drive right past a Goodwill drop-off on Wednesday, I take another ten minutes on Tuesdays to quickly go through one small area, closet, cabinet, etc. in my house to pull items that need to be donated. I do still have a big cleanout day a few times a year, but just taking a quick ten minutes once a week adds up overall and makes a nice, slow difference in the long run.
Last week I cleaned out a few things from my hall closet where I keep hosting supplies. I had a couple of old bowls, a platter, and some floral pieces that I just wasn't using anymore. I quickly filled a box and popped it in the back of my car so it would be ready to drop off the next day.
Some Tuesdays I might not get to my ten-minute tasks and that's ok, but ten minutes is really nothing at all so when I remind myself 'Oh hey, it's Ten Minute Tuesday', it doesn't seem daunting in the least!



Such good ideas! I’m going to borrow your idea to snap a pic before and after…so motivating!
ReplyDeleteJenny in NC
Great! I hope you find it motivating too! :)
Delete